- News Article April 29, 2020
- News Article April 24, 2020
- News Article February 10, 2020
- News Article February 5, 2020
2020 provides a unique opportunity for African leaders to simultaneously address the risks of political instability, pressing development needs, and the impacts of climate change. This process clearly can – and must – target social and economic benefits to enhance equity and improve the livelihoods of the poor, writes Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
- News Article January 16, 2020
- News Article January 9, 2020
- News Article January 6, 2020
- News Article December 3, 2019
Carbon pricing can command broad political support. But to do so, it needs to be accompanied by other policies and spending that support social and development goals, while at the same time supporting a just transition for workers and communities affected by the imposition of such taxes, writes Helen Mountford.
- News Article September 23, 2019
Commentary: Meeting the Challenge of Climate Change Offers the Urban Development Opportunity of Our Lifetimes
We are no doubt living in challenging times, with cities so often the focal point of social tensions that are felt well beyond their limits. But cities also offer us so many solutions. For the good of their entire countries today and tomorrow, we need national leaders to seize the new urban opportunity, writes Nick Stern.
- News Article September 17, 2019