Carbon pricing can command broad political support. But to do so, it needs to be accompanied by other policies and spending that support social and development goals, while at the same time supporting a just transition for workers and communities affected by the imposition of such taxes, writes Helen Mountford.
- News Article December 3, 2019
- News Article September 23, 2019
Commentary: Meeting the Challenge of Climate Change Offers the Urban Development Opportunity of Our Lifetimes
We are no doubt living in challenging times, with cities so often the focal point of social tensions that are felt well beyond their limits. But cities also offer us so many solutions. For the good of their entire countries today and tomorrow, we need national leaders to seize the new urban opportunity, writes Nick Stern.
- News Article September 17, 2019
- News Article September 3, 2019
How can Africa realize economic prosperity without contributing further to climate change? The solution lies in a kind of Green New Deal – a comprehensive strategy for achieving sustainable growth, including through coordinated, large-scale investment in renewable-energy deployment, writes Carlos Lopes.
- News Article August 26, 2019
- News Article July 23, 2019
- News Article June 19, 2019
- News Article April 10, 2019
- News Article March 28, 2019
- News Article March 19, 2019