- News Article September 20, 2017Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala writes that an international effort is under way to encourage countries to remove policies that may contradict their otherwise sincere efforts to reduce carbon emissions.
- News Article September 6, 2017
Most developed countries now pursue policies that implicitly or explicitly aim at promoting compact urban form. This report analyses more than 300 academic papers that study the effects of compact urban form, and finds that 69% of the papers reviewed find positive effects associated with compact urban form. Over 70% of studies find positive effects of economic density (the number of people living or working in an area). A smaller majority of studies attribute positive effects to mixed land use (58%) and the density of the built environment (56%).
- News Article September 4, 2017
This article was first published in The Financial Times.
Going Green is Good for Business
by Naina Lal Kidwai
Naina Lal Kidwai is the sustainability chair and past president of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry. She is a member of the Global Commission on the Economy and Climate.
- News Article August 3, 2017
- News Article July 26, 2017
- News Article July 19, 2017
This newsletter covers an event hosted by the New Climate economy and the Swedish Embassy on Business Opportunities for the Climate and Economy, the New Climate Economy's response to the US on the Paris Agreement, a new OECD report, and the latest developments on carbon pricing and renewable energy.
- News Article June 2, 2017
- News Article June 1, 2017The following is a statement from President Felipe Calderón, former President of Mexico and Honorary Chair of the Global Commission on the Economy and Climate:The Trump administration has made a grave mistake by withdrawing from the Paris Agreement. It has made it harder for the United States to take advantage of the booming and job-creating low-carbon economy. It is also going against the will of the American people. 7 in 10 Americans support the agreement.
- News Article May 31, 2017
- News Article May 12, 2017