Request for Proposal (RfP)
The New Climate Economy (NCE) and World Resources Institute Brasil (WRI Brasil) are embarking on a research project that will identify the extent to which climate action is consistent with Brazil’s economic and social development objectives, with a focus on the land use and energy sectors.
NCE and WRI Brasil are seeking media and political assessment services to support the New Climate Economy Initiative in Brazil.
2.Description of Services Needed
The New Climate Economy and WRI Brasil are looking for a local partner to undertake a Brazilian media and political assessment.
The media assessment portion will include analysis of the existing media landscape in Brazil, specifically in terms of environment and development issues, and the potential for NCE and WRI Brasil research to be relevant to local and national media. The media assessment will result in: 1. An overview of national and regional Brazilian media outlets, including audience profiles and their coverage of development and environmental issues and; 2) An assessment of how development and environmental issues are presented in the Brazilian media in terms of tone, spokespeople, and angle. The political assessment portion will illuminate the new administration’s stances on environment and development issues.
The successful candidate will be the partner that can best help us understand the media and political landscape in which we will be promoting the New Climate Economy Initiative and its research findings. The project has a ceiling of USD$20,000 (see section 2 below).
This assessment, which will involve analysing, assessing and writing in both English and Portuguese, will result in a written report which will ultimately inform the development of a bespoke media and engagement strategy.
The timeline for this project is as follows:
February 2019: Start date for the assessment
February-April 2019 Regular meetings with the NCE and WRI Brasil team to define project scope, update on progress, and shape the assessment
May 5th 2019: Delivery of the written media and political assessment in English, which will include full media and political analysis, methodology and media samples. It should also include a (approx.) 10-15-page summary with topline findings.
Items Needed in Response
Provide the following information:
- Company Information:
- Name of company
- Contact person
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- Provide a General Statement of Qualifications that responds to the project information and makes a convincing argument for maximum impact.
- The NCE is committed to ensuring gender equity across the program. As such, please include your plans to address gender equity as part of this project. This may include addressing gender issues within the research, for example including media outlets targeted at women, or providing a statement to explain why a gender analysis is not necessary for this work.
- Provide writing samples in English and Portuguese
- Submit a list of two similar projects, and please provide the following information:
- Name of project
- Client contact
- Owner’s total initial budget
- Total project cost
- Scheduled completion date
- Actual completion date
- Submit a budget for this project that outlines the cost of each component and the number of hours required to complete this project.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Understanding the project requirements
Period of Performance
The contract term will be for a period of three months, February-April 2019
This project has a current budget ceiling of USD$20,000 for the services outlined in this RFP.
Deadline: Please submit your proposals by January 27th.